Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

My kindergarten teacher taught me that it is better to give warm fuzzies than cold pricklies.  We should try to make people feel good.  (I'll be writing posts in the future labeled "warm fuzzies" when I have words to make people feel good.)  I remember the lesson well because of the fun craft that went along with it.  The warm fuzzy I made was pink with red feet.  I gave it to my grandmother, who treasured it.  It adorned her bathroom backsplash for twenty-five years before she called me, distraught, to tell me that someone had pilfered her puffball.  Of course I made her a new one to replace it.  Belle then made one to give to my mother.  She put about ten googly eyes on that thing.  She's an "out of the box" kind of thinker.

This is how to make a warm fuzzy.

Gather up some materials: pompoms, glue, wiggly eyes, cardstock, foam core shapes, pipe cleaners, and whatever else looks appealing.
Cut some feet out of cardstock or foam core.  I wish I could leave a template for the creatively challenged, but I have no idea how that is done.
Put a drop of glue on the feet.




Stick the fuzzball onto the feet.



Dab a little glue onto the back of the wiggly eyes, and then attach them to the pompom.
That's your basic warm fuzzy, but you can add extras if you like.  Use your imagination.  You can glue them to the front of a note card or add a slip of paper under the feet (the size of a fortune cookie message) with a few kind words (like "I love you," "Thanks for being my friend," "You make me smile," "I admire you," and "You make me feel all warm and fuzzy.")  These are designed to be gifts, so make a few to warm the hearts of those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment